Kit for non-invasive protein and DNA collection and preservation, & transport/storage at ambient temperatures – all in the same tube.
Kit contents: 4 swabs, 1 barcode-labeled iSWAB-P tube (1ml), 1 extra barcode label, 1 plastic “biohazard” bag with absorbent pad, 1 “Exempt Human Specimen” label, and a box which may be used to mail back the sample
Please let us know the required kit quantity to receive a price quote.
• Collect – Stabilize – Concentrate – Transport – Store – Extract: All in a Single Tube
• Add additional level chain of custody control: Tie the collected sample’s protein analysis result to the DNA of the individual
• Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
• Swab-free sample transport: Improved sample integrity and decreased sample processing time
• Accommodate for samples from all age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
• Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes for each iSWAB tube ensures efficient traceability and storage
• Room temperature stablilty: Reduce sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
• Scalable and easy to process: Manual and automation friendly sample processing
Non-invasive device for collection and stabilization of protein and DNA in the same oral sample enabling pharmacogenetics studies as well as forensics/law enforcement approaches:
Oral sample collection has gained widespread acceptance due to its non-invasive nature and because continuous visual contact of the collection process is possible. Current non-invasive collection products are designed for immediate detection using stick-based technology, but are limited to simple yes/no answers. If additional data is required, a more robust collection method coupled with high-sensitivity downstream analysis is necessary.
The iSWAB-Protein collection device allows for collection and stabilization of both proteins and DNA at the point of collection yielding high amount of material for multiple enzyme based immunoassays as well as genomic based testing from the same collected sample. This adds another level of chain of custody, allowing the investigator to link the protein analysis with the DNA of the individual that the sample belongs to.
The unique and patented design of Mawi DNA Technologies’ iSWAB devices enables mechanistic release of cells into a proprietary lysis and stabilization buffer, resulting in the recovery of nearly all cells from single or several swabs and preserving cellular proteins and DNA, while significantly minimizing bacterial contamination. The tubes are suitable for either manual or automated sample preparation on standard liquid handling robotic workstations.
The MAWI lysis and stabilization buffer does not interfere with enzyme immunoassays based detection and allows for high sensitivity testing of the iSWAB-P suspension.
For protein gels/Western Blotting see the following standard instructions:
1. Incubate for at least 4 hours at room temperature post sample collection
2. Vortex briefly
3. Centrifugation at 1000x g, 1 min, 25C
4. Transfer supernatant to a fresh 1.5 mL tube
5 Remove aliquot for Bradford assay
6. Add protein sample buffer to remaining sample
7. Boil sample 3 min, 95C
8. Load about 50 µg/sample onto 4‐12% PAGE gel