The amplicon-based Respiratory Research NGS Panel for Illumina® or Ion Torrent™ is designed for concurrent COVID-19, Influenza, and RSV detection, research, and surveillance, enabling complete genome sequencing of the SARS-CoV-2 virus as well as influenza and RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) A and B sub-typing with highly sensitive detection via amplicon-based target enrichment for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) on Illumina sequencing platforms.
The CleanPlex Respiratory Research Panel targets SARS-CoV-2, influenza A subtypes H1N1, H1N2, H3N2, influenza B and RSV A/B. Compared to other respiratory virus / flu panels, this panel contains significantly more targets, strategically selected to cover characteristic regions of each viral segment for highly confident viral RNA detection and identification.
• CleanPlex Technology – Ultra high uniformity multiplex PCR and elimination of non-specific PCR poducts allow the ease and flexibility to sequence low input RNA samples for confident infectious disease surveillance and epidemiological research
• High Coverage of Target Regions – 99% coverage of the entire SARS-CoV-2 genome with 343 amplicons and selective coverage of all influenza and RSV gene segments relevant for sub-typing with 149 amplicons: Optimized amplification of specific regions in the virus genomes for uniform coverage even at low input amounts
• High Sensitivity – Sample Input Requirement as low as 50 ng of extracted total RNA, e.g. from nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swabs, sputum, tissue samples, and wastewaster
• Fast, Streamlined Workflow – Generate sequencer-ready libraries for Illumina platforms in just 6 hours using a simple, four-step protocol with minimal hands on time
• Significant Cost Savings: Only 30-50K reads per sample required, as high-quality NGS libraries with excellent on-target performance are prepared using CleanPlex technology to enable efficient use of sequencing reads. CleanPlex panels’ on-target rates are usually much higher than those of hybrid captured-based small target enrichment panels
Built upon the CleanPlex SARS-CoV-2 Research and Surveillance Panel, the Respiratory Research Panel addresses the need to assay the SARS-CoV-2, influenza, and RSV viruses concurrently during the overlapping flu season and the COVID-19 pandemic. The panel utilizes the CleanPlex multiplex PCR-based targeted sequencing technology to provide an easy-to-use, fast, and comprehensive solution for detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2, Influenza, and RSV viruses. The panel enables influenza and RSV subtyping, and SARS-CoV-2 mutation analysis, for tracking and epidemiological surveillance as well as informed infection control, all through comprehensive sequence information.
The CleanPlex® Respiratory Research Panel combines SARS-CoV-2 whole genome amplification with ~100 strategically designed primers to cover characteristic regions that span multiple gene segments for each Influenza A subtype H1N1, H1N2, H3N2, and Influenza B as well as ~50 amplicons of RSV subtype A and B genes. The influenza and RSV primers were expertly designed in consideration of over 45.000 viral genome sequences to generate highly specific, but also universally conserved targets for each influenza and RSV subtype to allow confident detection throughout flu seasons, regardless of changes in strain prevalence. For high-throughput screening strategies such as testing multi-sample pools, the much higher target coverage and increased sensitivity make this panel more suitable than qPCR methods with only 1 to 2 targets per subtype.
Kit Contents: Reagents for Reverse Transcription and PCR, Multiplex PCR Primers, & CleanPlex Targeted NGS Library Preparation Kit with CleanPlex purification reagents
Additional Products which can be ordered separately:
CleanMag® Magnetic Beads – for library purification and size selection
CleanPlex® Dual-Indexed PCR Primers – for multiplexing up to 2688 samples per sequencing run
CleanPlex® Unique Dual-Indexed PCR Primers – for low variant calling & other in-depth sequencing applications, and for ultra high multiplexing: each flow cell lane can multiplex up to 384 samples at once; with the multiple flow cell capability on a NovaSeq™ 6000, one can sequence up to 3,072 samples simultaneously for faster turn around and higher throughput workflows.