The amplicon-based SARS-CoV-2 NGS panel for Illumina® or Ion Torrent™ is designed for Coronavirus detection, tracking, research and surveillance, enabling complete genome sequencing of the new SARS-CoV-2 virus responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic via amplicon-based target enrichment for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) on Illumina sequencing platforms.
• CleanPlex Technology – Ultra high uniformity multiplex PCR and elimination of non-specific PCR poducts allow the ease and flexibility to sequence low input RNA samples for confident infectious disease surveillance and epidemiological research
• High Coverage of Target Regions – 99% coverage of the entire SARS-CoV-2 genome with 343 amplicons in 2 pools, optimized amplification of specific regions in the virus genome for uniform coverage even at low input amount
• High Sensitivity – Can detect down to 1 copy with high confidence compared to 3-5 copies by RT-qPCR
• Fast, Streamlined Workflow – Generate sequencer-ready libraries for Illumina platforms in just 5.5 hours using a simple, four-step protocol with minimal hands on time
• Significant Cost Savings: Only 50K reads per sample required, as high-quality NGS libraries with excellent on-target performance are prepared using CleanPlex technology to enable efficient use of sequencing reads. CleanPlex panels’ on-target rates are usually much higher than those of hybrid captured-based small target enrichment panels
Paragon Genomics´ amplicon-based SARS-CoV-2 NGS panel is designed as a highly multiplexed target enrichment panel covering the entire genome of SARS-CoV-2 virus (except for 92 bases at the ends). With Paragon Genomics´ CleanPlex technology, the genome of the virus can be amplified from RNA to sequence-ready libraries in 5.5 hours. The panel enables complete genome sequencing, allowing surveillance and epidemiological studies of the new SARS-CoV-2 virus responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the virus mutates, the panel contains sufficient targeted regions such that detection will not be affected. With sequencing, these mutations can also be tracked to study the path of infection and examine the different variants.
Kit Contents: Reagents for Reverse Transcription and PCR, Multiplex PCR Primers, & CleanPlex Targeted NGS Library Preparation Kit with CleanPlex purification reagents
Additional Products which can be ordered separately:
CleanMag® Magnetic Beads – for library purification and size selection
CleanPlex® Dual-Indexed PCR Primers – for multiplexing up to 2688 samples per sequencing run
CleanPlex® Unique Dual-Indexed PCR Primers – for low variant calling & other in-depth sequencing applications, and for ultra high multiplexing: each flow cell lane can multiplex up to 384 samples at once; with the multiple flow cell capability on a NovaSeq™ 6000, one can sequence up to 3,072 samples simultaneously for faster turn around and higher throughput workflows.