50 tubes for non-invasive cell collection and preservation of intact viable cells, & transport/storage at ambient temperatures – all in the same tube.
Contents:Rack of 50 barcode labeled iSWAB-Cells tubes (1 ml iSWA-Cells preservation buffer). Extra barcode labels are available on demand.
• Collect – Stabilize – Concentrate – Transport – Store : All in a Single Tube
• Stabilizes intact cells for up to 4 weeks at room temperature
• No use of organic hazardous solvent fixatives
• Enables full genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and cell-based assays from a single sample incl. DNA, RNA, protein, and cell morphology
• DNA, RNA, or proteins from collected samples can be obtained by standard procedures and are compatible with qPCR, microarray, NGS, ELISAs, Western Blots etc.
• Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
• Swab-free sample transport: Improved sample integrity and decreased sample processing time
• Accommodate for samples from all age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
• Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes for each iSWAB tube ensures efficient traceability and storage
• Room temperature stablilty: Reduce sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
OMICs from a Single Sample: Non-invasive device for room temperature intact buccal cell collection, transport and storage:
To create a more comprehensive profile of health vs. disease, multiple analytes need to be included in the analytical mix such as DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology.
Unfortunately due to the limitations of current sample collection practices this means multiple samples need to be collected per individual to achieve this objective, with heavy cold chain involvement in both transport and storage. These limitations can make this type of analysis not only expensive but sometimes non-accessible which yields
inconclusive research outcomes.
To address this need Mawi DNA Technologies has developed iSWAB-Cells, a universal non-invasive cell collection device, from which gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology
can be analyzed from the same sample.
Devices for collecting whole cells from blood or buccal cell samples.
Transcriptomics, Gene Expression: qPCR and RNA based sequencing (RNAseq) , microarray, Northern Blot, Nuclease protection assays, cDNA library construction, Mass spectrometry, ELISA, Western blotting, tissue biopsy stabilization.
The iSWAB™-Cells is a universal, non-invasive cell collection device that can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample. The iSWAB-Cells offers multi-OMICs from a single sample of intact buccal cells that can withstand room temperature collection, transport, and storage. Self-collection or assisted collection using a flocked swab or cytobrush can be achieved in less than 2 minutes, and is suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderlies. Each iSWAB-Cells collection device contains a LIMS compatible unique barcodes for efficient traceability during transport and storage.
The iSWAB-Cells is a sample collection device for the collection, stabilization, concentration, transport and storage of whole buccal cell samples. It is a non-invasive swab-based sampling applicator and is intended to be used for sample collection from intact buccal cells and/or any mammalian cells collected with a swab or cytobrush. Can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample.
Indication for Use
iSWAB™-Cells Collection Kit is a non-invasive device for room temperature collection, stabilization, concentration, transport, and storage of intact buccal cells. iSWAB™-Cells, a universal cell collection device, can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample. iSWAB™ Cells is designed for non-invasive, self-collection of intact and viable buccal cells using a flocked swab or cytobrush. Suitable for all ages, ethnicities, races, and genders.
Storage and Stability
Pre-collection: 18 months from date of manufacture between 15-30° C.
Transport temperature, post-collection: 15-30° C.
Sample stability and storage, post-collection: viable cells are stabilized for up to 4 weeks at 15-30° C; if longer storage time is required, collected samples can be stored at -20 to -80° C.