Our partner Paragon Genomics has curated and designed a targeted COVID-19 human susceptibility panel that interrogates the entire coding region of ACE2 and TMPRSS2 plus over 70 unique expression quantitative trait loci (eQTL) shown to regulate their expression: The CleanPlex® ACE2 & TMPRSS2 Panel for Illumina® or Ion Torrent™ is a multiplex PCR-based targeted sequencing assay designed to examine the two genes associated with COVID-19 susceptibility on the Illumina NGS platform. Confidently detect mutations related to SARS-COV-2 virus S protein and ACE2 binding affinity and expression of ACE2 and TMPRSS2.
• Curated Content and Comprehensive Data – Interrogates entire ACE2 & TMPRSS2 coding and promotor regions plus more than 70 curated eQTL targets
• CleanPlex Technology – Ultra high uniformity multiplex PCR and elimination of non-specific PCR poducts enables superb performance with low DNA input – Prepare sequencer-ready high-quality NGS libraries with excellent coverage uniformity and on-target performance for efficient use of sequencing reads and reducing costs
• High Coverage of Target Regions – >93% coverage uniformity with 210 amplicons in 2 pools, optimized amplification of specific regions for uniform coverage even at low input amount
• High Sensitivity – Confident detection of novel or known variants with just 5 ng of gDNA, e.g. from buccal swabs
• Fast, Streamlined Workflow – Generate libraries for Illumina® platforms in just 3 hours using a simple, three-step protocol
Research has shown that the SARS-CoV-2 virus is internalized by the binding of its S protein to the host ACE2 with the help of TMPRSS2. The binding affinity of ACE2, along with ACE2 and TMPRSS2 expression levels, are major determinants of SARS-CoV-2 replication rate and disease severity. This panel targets all exonic and promoter regions of the two genes, and more than 70 expertly curated expression quantitative trait loci (eQTL), shown to regulate gene expression. The CleanPlex ACE2 & TMPRSS2 amplicon panel facilitates further investigations in host genome mutations related to the ACE2 binding affinity and expression of ACE2 and TMPRSS2, providing additional insights into an individual’s viral susceptibility and disease course.
Kit Contents: Multiplex PCR Primers and PCR Reagents, & CleanPlex Targeted NGS Library Preparation Kit with CleanPlex purification reagents
Additional Products which can be ordered separately:
CleanMag® Magnetic Beads – for library purification and size selection
CleanPlex® Dual-Indexed PCR Primers – for multiplexing up to 2688 samples per sequencing run
CleanPlex® Unique Dual-Indexed PCR Primers – for low variant calling & other in-depth sequencing applications, and for ultra high multiplexing: each flow cell lane can multiplex up to 384 samples at once; with the multiple flow cell capability on a NovaSeq™ 6000, one can sequence up to 3,072 samples simultaneously for faster turn around and higher throughput workflows.