50 iSWAB Human DNA Collection tubes (0.4 ml) for non-invasive DNA collection & preservation/transport/storage at ambient temperatures – all in the same tube
Contents: Rack of 50 barcode labeled iSWAB-DSC tubes (0.4 ml iSWAB DNA preservation solution). Extra barcode labels are available on demand.
• Collect – Stabilize – Concentrate – Transport – Store – Extract: All in a Single Tube
• Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
• High nucleic acid recovery: Up to 7µg of double stranded, long fragment DNA (>23 kb) for downstream applications including microarray, NGS, qPCR, and analytical PCR
• Low bacterial genomic DNA contamination: Achieve less than 1% bacterial genomic DNA contamination
• Swab-free sample transport: Improved sample integrity and decreased sample processing time
• Accommodate for samples from all age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
• Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes for each iSWAB tube ensures efficient traceability and storage
• Room temperature stability for years: Reduce sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
• Scalable and easy downstream processing: Manual and automation friendly sample processing
• Certified to be free of any human genomic DNA and containing no PCR inhibitors
Non-invasive Human DNA Collection, Preservation, and Room Temperature Storage for genetic and epidemiology research, including genotyping, gene expression profiling, epigenetics research, and more:
The iSWAB Human DNA Collection device is designed for swab-based collection of buccal cells, which has many advantages compared to saliva collection including 100% availibility, higher gDNA yields, and drastically lowered bacterial contamination. iSWAB allows for the stabilization of DNA at the point of collection without the need for swab inclusion. The gentle collection and lysis chemistry of the alcohol-free iSWAB solution enables recovery of double-stranded, large fragment DNA similar to genomic DNA generated from blood, making it suitable for complex genomics downstream assays such as microarrays and Next Generation Sequencing. Other non-invasive collection methods often utilize alcohol and produce short DNA fragments limiting their usability.
Device for collecting human DNA samples via buccal cells.
Population Genomics, Epdemiology, Cancer research, HLA typing, DNA sequencing: Sanger and Next Generation Sequencing
Each iSWAB™-DSC Human DNA Collection device consists of a collection tube that is pre-filled with 0.4 mL of the nontoxic iSWAB™-DNA buffer and fitted with a proprietary insert. The insert is designed to optimize the release of specimens collected with swabs into the gentle lytic buffer, creating a minimal footprint and allowing for the swab-free transport of specimens. Self-collection or assisted collection can be achieved in less than 5 minutes and is suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderlies. iSWAB™-DSC is pre-barcoded for traceability and storage and is easy to process via manual and automated applications. The device is human gDNA and PCR inhibitor free and collected samples are stable at room temperature (15-30 °C) for 60 days.
The iSWAB™-DSCHuman DNA Collection Tube is a DNA sample collection device for the collection, stabilization, concentration, transport, and storage of DNA samples. It is a non-invasive swab-based sampling applicator and is intended to be used for sample collection of buccal cells. The DNA collection device for humans can capture samples producing high yields of double-stranded, long fragmented DNA between 2-7μg (iSWAB-DSC) with <3% bacterial contamination using traditional sampling swabs. Indication for Use
The iSWAB™-DSC Human DNA Collection Device is intended for the collection of double-stranded, large fragment DNA at the point of collection without the need for swab inclusion. The gentle collection and lysis chemistry of the nontoxic iSWAB™-DNA buffer allows for recovery of DNA comparable to the genomic DNA generated from blood, making it suitable for complex genomics downstream assays such as microarrays, NGS, and Sanger sequencing. The device can be used for ambient temperature (15-30 °C) transport and storage. Ideal for: paternity testing, genealogy, ancestry, population genomics, cancer research, HLA typing, and epidemiology.
Storage and Stability
Pre-collection: 3 years from date of manufacture between 15-30° C.
Transport temperature, post-collection: 15-30° C
Sample stability and storage, post-collection: 60 days real time and 3 years accelerated time. If longer storage time is required, collected samples can be stored at -20 to -80° C.
Any commercially available kit for extracting human gDNA from whole blood (either manually or automation-enabled) can be used without any further modifications, as well as phenol chloroform or ethanol precipitation based protocols.
See also MAWI DNA Technologies Extraction Methods Overview for further information.
iSWAB Direct PCR:
The proprietary iSWAB buffer is a unique formulation that not only stabilizes the samples at the point of collection, but performs a gentle lysis which slowly releases DNA from the cells into the buffer over a period of several hours.
This feature enables the mixture to be used in a direct-to PCR application, in which the extraction step is skipped entirely.
For more complex downstream applications such as Next Generation Sequencing or microarrays, we still recommend performing a standard DNA extraction as described above.
The procedure for preparing iSWAB samples to be used directly in PCR is as follows:
1. Collect buccal sample with iSWAB-DNA
2. Incubate the collected iSWAB-DNA at least 3 hrs at room temperature before processing in direct PCR
3. Centrifuge the collected iSWAB-DNA for 2 minutes at 14000 rpm
4. Take 1uL of the clarified iSWAB supernatant and dilute in nuclease-free water to 1:16 for ISWAB-1200
5. Take 1 or 2 uL (depending on your required sample input for your PCR protocol) from the iSWAB diluted sample and apply to your direct or standard PCR master mix (mix well with PCR tube contents)
6. follow your standard PCR amplification protocol