50 tubes for non-invasive human DNA collection and preservation, & transport/storage at ambient temperatures – all in the same tube.
Contents: Rack of 50 barcode labeled iSWAB tubes (600 ul). Extra barcode labels are available on demand.
• Collect – Stabilize – Concentrate – Transport – Store – Extract: All in a Single Tube
• Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
• High nucleic acid recovery: Up to 15µg of double stranded, long fragment DNA (>23 kb) for downstream applications including microarray, NGS, qPCR, and analytical PCR
• Low bacterial genomic DNA contamination: Achieve less than 1% bacterial genomic DNA contamination
• Swab-free sample transport: Improved sample integrity and decreased sample processing time
• Accommodate for samples from all age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
• Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes for each iSWAB tube ensures efficient traceability and storage
• Room temperature stablility for years: Reduce sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
• Scalable and easy downstream processing: Manual and automation friendly sample processing
• Certified to be free of any human genomic DNA and containing no PCR inhibitors
Non-invasive Human DNA Collection, Preservation, and Room Temperature Storage for genetic and epidemiology research, including genotyping, gene expression profiling, epigenetics research, and more:
The iSWAB-DNA device is designed for swab-based collection of buccal cells, which has many advantages compared to saliva collection including 100% availibility, higher gDNA yields, and drastically lowered bacterial contamination. iSWAB allows for the stabilization of DNA at the point of collection without the need for swab inclusion. The gentle collection and lysis chemistry of the alcohol-free iSWAB buffer enables recovery of double-stranded, large fragment DNA similar to genomic DNA generated from blood, making it suitable for complex genomics downstream assays such as microarrays and Next Generation Sequencing. Other non-invasive collection methods often utilize alcohol and produce short DNA fragments limiting their usability.
Any commercially available kit for extracting human gDNA from whole blood (either manually or automation-enabled) can be used without any further modifications, as well as phenol chloroform or ethanol precipitation based protocols.
iSWAB Direct PCR:
The proprietary iSWAB buffer is a unique formulation that not only stabilizes the samples at the point of collection, but performs a gentle lysis which slowly releases DNA from the cells into the buffer over a period of several hours.
This feature enables the mixture to be used in a direct-to PCR application, in which the extraction step is skipped entirely.
For more complex downstream applications such as Next Generation Sequencing or microarrays, we still recommend performing a standard DNA extraction as described above.
The procedure for preparing iSWAB samples to be used directly in PCR is as follows:
1. Collect buccal sample with iSWAB-DNA
2. Incubate the collected iSWAB-DNA at least 3 hrs at room temperature before processing in direct PCR
3. Centrifuge the collected iSWAB-DNA for 2 minutes at 14000 rpm
4. Take 1uL of the clarified iSWAB supernatant and dilute in nuclease-free water to 1:8 for ISWAB-250
5. Take 1 or 2 uL (depending on your required sample input for your PCR protocol) from the iSWAB diluted sample and apply to your direct or standard PCR master mix (mix well with PCR tube contents)
6. follow your standard PCR amplification protocol